Legal Stuff

100 Fundraising Ideas (UK) is a website for sharing fundraising ideas. The material on this site is for informational purposes only. It should not be used as a substitute for legal advice on fundraising matters.

The Charity Commission states that any charitable collection in a public place should be licensed by the local authority. This includes sale of goods where the proceeds are donated to a charitable cause.

In addition, you should receive permission from all relevant parties before you start fundraising. This includes (but is not limited to): charity, owner of premises, work supervisor/head teacher (if applicable) and the local authority.

If you have questions about permissions for fundraising, you should contact the Charity Commission, your local authority, or your charity directly.

Happy fundraising!